Wednesday, February 11, 2004

Sow What?

Two thoughts from opposite ends of the septic tank...



I was reminded this morning of this pithy prose from a Scottish political reformer named Samuel Smiles (whose name itself has pith):



Sow a thought, reap an act;

sow an act, reap a habit;

sow a habit; reap a character;

sow a character; reap a destiny.



I can attest to the accuracy of that adage, both positively and otherwise.



Meanwhile, I was sorry to see Hayseed Dixie, a Country/Western band inspired by AC/DC, get shut out at the Grammys. I thought for sure their tender ballad, "Keepin' Your Poop in a Jar," had the goods to take home Song of the Year. And special thanks to Highland Church praise team member and occasional song leader Val Durrington for turning me on to these guys.

No comments: