Thursday, March 25, 2010

LSC Softball Crossover Tournament

Hello blog world. Assistant SID Phillip Dowden here, trying to do my part in keeping everyone updated with those who can't get enough of Wildcat sports.

This weekend the ACU Wildcat softball team is in Durant, Okla., for the annual Lone Star Conference softball crossover tournament.

But of late, it hasn't been so annual.

Per the usual, tons of rain has been dumped on the Durant area (most ditches on the drive up were still full) and the complex is not ready for play. However the Southeastern Oklahoma field is playable and one field on the five-field complex will be used tomorrow (Friday). As for the Wildcats, we'll be traveling just outside of town to rural Rock Creek High School. Sorry, no internet connection for live action (stats, audio, video, etc.). Check back for more on the LSC crossover.

For those who are veterans of the Wildcat sports blog, here's a little bit about my background. You may have heard me filling in from time to time in the Abilene area broadcasting Wildcat basketball and Wildcat baseball. Or if you're outside the area and enjoy listening to sports on acusports.com I have done a few broadcasts online as well.

Before joining the ACU athletics staff, I worked for the American Junior Golf Association out of Braselton, Ga. (outside Atlanta), working in tournament operations and helping set up junior golf tournaments around the country at some amazing courses. If you see me at a game and would like to talk golf I'm always game.

Prior to the AJGA I was a student at Missouri Southern – an MIAA school in Joplin, Mo. – where I earned my bachelor's of science helping out in the Sports Information office. That's all for tonight. Don't forget if you're still in Abilene to head out to Crutcher Scott Field for the weekend baseball series against Angelo State.

No comments: