Friday, August 7, 2009

Palmer likes what he sees in B. Scott


Fans in Cincinnati are about to find out what those of use who watched Bernard Scott have known for the last two years: this guy can play at the NFL level.

Apparently his quarterback, Carson Palmer, has already figured it out, anointing the former Wildcat the best Bengals' rookie of the first week of training camp.

Here's the story from the Bengals' Web site on Friday:

1.  PREPARE FOR THE B. SCOTT BLITZ

Fans will come into the gates talking about rookie defensive end Michael Johnson and they'll leave buzzing about rookie running back Bernard Scott.

Scott has already been anointed the best rookie of the first week of camp by none other than quarterback Carson Palmer. The kid has jets and a knack for getting outside. He's 5-10, 200 pounds and has already been compared to Titans running back Chris Johnson by at least one teammate after Johnson's Rookie of the Year season last year.

But Scott's not worried about showing his balls skills Friday. "That's pretty natural," he said.

"I just need to show them in a game situation I know what I'm doing," Scott said. "That I can pick up a blitz and I can adapt to the speed of the game. I've been holding my own (in blitz pickup) but I think I can get in better position."

Scott says he's going to concentrate on his hand placement and making sure the blitzers don't get their hands inside his.

No comments: